Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Main Event (ME) starts Friday!

The wait is almost over. In less than a week I'll be waking up, if I was able to sleep, getting ready to head to the Rio to start the ME. Almost 100 days since I won the seat! Can't say it has flown by, but it did go pretty quickly.

The goal for me is just get out of day 1, play smart and have fun. If it's not my time, that's OK. Back in 06' when I played I made a couple bad plays and it cost me. Not this year!

I've been watchin almost the entire series this year, actually been watching everthing. BluffMag.com/espn360 live feeds of final tables, pokernews.com's updates/videos, wicked chops, micons updates, rawvegas video, wsop.com's updates/videos/pics, all the poker players tweets and more. Yes, I'm a total dork.

As I mentioned I played back in 06 and played the same day, 3c. That was the same day Phil Helmuth played that year. Was funny when watcging the espn coverage later that year to see he got ko'd by the same guy who sucked out (caught runner runner flush to my turned straight) on me at my first table. That year he me he made a grand entrance. Well it sounds like this year won't be any different. Just read a tweet from him he sent last night from the UB party. An early tweet he mentioned he was rocked, so I'm sure he was try to make this a surprise but let the cat out of the bag... Here's the tweet:

From: @phil_hellmuth
Sent: Jun 30, 2009 5:43a

Sunday July 5 i show up to
WSOP as 'Caesar: with 100 models, 11 muses w body paint, a chariot w 2 horses, and a drummer dropping rose petals

sent via txt

This should be a show, how funny would it be to be at the featured table when he arrives.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment